07 May 2006

Flock 0.5.15.0

It's been some time since I posted to this blog, and a while since I've tried out Flock. But with Firefox 1.5 now released, tested, and patched for a good time now, and with a new version of Flock just released, I figured I'd try it out. In fact I'm using its in-built blogging feature to make this post.

From what I've experienced so far of this new version, it appears a lot better than the previous version I used; 0.4.10. That version was the first time I'd tried Flock, and whilst I was intrigued by what I saw, I promptly realised it was still in its early stages of development, and so uninstalled and returned to Firefox.

This version at the very least, gave me an excuse to get a Yahoo account, to allow me use of Flickr for the photo sharing features in Flock. For some time now, I'd been wanting to try out Flickr, and Yahoo's new-improved mail services that aim to compete with the mighty GMail, something I've recently(ish) signed-up for.

No comments: